The emerging Industrial Internet of Things uses standard networking technology and computer hardware to connect mobile robots, products, and even entire production facilities. When combined with big data analytics, IIoT can make it easier to monitor and control manufacturing processes or supply chains.
IIoT includes improving sensors, machine vision and image-recognition systems, and location and navigation technology. The actionable insights that artificial intelligence can give promise to change operations in real time and transform industries.
Whether you’re supplying Industrial Internet of Things components, integrating them into your business, or using them to successfully increase efficiency and productivity, this research report provides an essential introduction to the technology.
In addition to robotics, AI, and autonomous systems, industrial IoT can take advantage of cloud computing, 3D printing, and augmented and virtual reality interfaces. Digitization and miniaturization for smartphones have led to cheaper enabling technologies such as sensors. This report describes how these technologies are converging, as well as the potential market for IIoT.
Vertical segments already applying the Industrial Internet of Things include agriculture, manufacturing, mining, and e-commerce order fulfillment.
The Industrial Internet of Things could even lead to a new wave of tech-driven job creation, but the complexity and corporate vision required are significant.
[note style=”success” show_icon=”true”]
More on the Industrial Internet of Things:
- Why Will 5G Disrupt the Robotics and Manufacturing Industries?
- Is 24/7 Uptime a Worthy Goal for Industrial Robotics?
- Introducing Industrial IoT to Manufacturing — Challenges and Benefits
- Applying IoT in Agriculture
- Assessing the Size of the IIoT Market
- Go Forward, but Go Slowly With IIoT, Say Experts
- Automated Processes, Analytics Extend Productivity as IoT Approaches
- Ocado Expects Robots and IoT to Revolutionize Logistics
- Machine Vision Attracts International Investment