In January, the International Consumer Electronics Show was again the world’s gathering place for all involved in technology and consumer goods. CES has been showcasing innovators and their breakthroughs to the market for 50 years. Owned and produced by the Consumer Technology Association, the 2018 CES edition attracted buyers, business leaders, and technology pioneers.
This year, we presented the conference on “Artificial Intelligence: Insights Into Our Future” in Las Vegas on Jan. 9, 2018.
We examined recent technology developments, current applications, and concerns about AI. Below are links to the slide presentations and audio recordings from our 2018 CES sessions. Hear leading AI experts discuss the reality behind the hype and how the technology will soon affect our daily lives.
The State of Artificial Intelligence
- Deepu Talla, vice president and general manager of autonomous machines at Nvidia, shares recent AI breakthroughs from various industries, where the technology is headed, and challenges that still need to be overcome.
Designing AI-Powered Robots
Social and service robots that understand and interact more naturally with humans rely on advanced artificial intelligence. Our panelists discuss how AI is helping build smarter robots that will be more user-friendly.
- Moderator: Eugene Demaitre, senior editor, Robotics Business Review
- George Babu, co-founder and chief product officer, Kindred
- Chris Jones, vice president of technology, iRobot
- Andrew Stein, head of robotics and AI, Anki
The Roadmap for Self-Driving Cars
Self-driving cars have the potential to save lives and revolutionize the transportation industry. This panel analyzes how AI and other technologies are improving self-driving cars and how to safely integrate them onto our roads. It also examines technological and regulatory hurdles that remain.
- Moderator: Steve Crowe, managing editor, Robotics Trends
- Michael Fleming, CEO, Torc Robotics
- Andrew Kouri, CEO, lvl5
- Andy Zeilman, vice president of business development, Affectiva
More on 2018 CES and Other AI and Robotics Events:
- RoboBusiness Announces Co-Location at PTC’s LiveWorx ’18
- CES Recap: AI & Robotics Trends to Watch in 2018
- Aptiv, Lyft Give Self-Driving Taxi Rides During CES 2018
- FORPHEUS AI Ping-Pong Robot Coaches Humans at CES 2018
- 3 AI Advances From Around the World in 2017
- The Top 10 Articles of 2017 on Robotics Business Review
- Emerging AI Apps Include the Law; Self-Driving Cars to Deliver Services, Security
- Top 10 AI and Robotics Trends Stories of 2017
- New Robot Applications Get Spotlight at iRex 2017
- Robotics Presentations From RoboBusiness 2017 Now Available