RoboBusiness Direct is not a webinar, or virtual event, but instead it is an ongoing, integrated series of digital events delivered by brightest minds from the leading robotics and automation companies from around the world, augmented by including continuing coverage and analysis in Robotics Business Review. RoboBusiness Direct is designed to impart to business and engineering professionals the information they need to identify market opportunities, successfully develop and deploy the next generation of commercial robotics systems, and accelerate their businesses.
Developing Robots That Can Promote
Social-Emotional Learning in Children
Paolo Pirjanian, CEO at Embodied
– Thursday, August 27, 2020 –
In this engaging presentation, Paolo Pirjanian, CEO at Embodied, will discuss how the relationship between humans and machines is evolving, including how robots and robotic technology can be applied for social good. Specifically, he will review the development of Moxie, a companion for children designed to help promote social, emotional, and cognitive development through everyday play-based learning and content. He will describe how machine learning was employed so that Moxie platform could perceive, process and respond to natural conversation, eye contact, and facial expressions, as well as recognize and recall people, places, and things. He will also highlight how this sensory input can be used to help children learn and safely practice essential life skills such as turn taking, eye contact, emotion regulation, relationship management, and problem solving.
Related Content – How Embodied Brought Moxie to Market at the Lowest Price Possible
There is no charge to register for RoboBusiness Direct programs.
CEO | Embodied
Paolo Pirjanian is the former CTO of iRobot and early leader in the field of consumer robotics with 16+ years of experience developing and commercializing cutting-edge home robots. He led world-class teams at iRobot, Evolution Robotics, and others. In 2016, Pirjanian founded Embodied, Inc. with the vision to build socially and emotionally intelligent companions that improve care and wellness and enhance our daily lives. He holds a PhD in Robotics from Aalborg University.
- How Embodied Brought Moxie to Market at the Lowest Price Possible
- Diet and Weight Loss: Using Social Robots to Support Human Health and Well-being
- SecondHands Consortium Announces Progress in Proactive Humanoid Robot
- >CloudMinds Launches XR-1, a Cloud-Based Humanoid Service Robot
- Humanoid Robots Don’t Provoke Fear in Older People, Finds German Study
- Humanoid Robot Market to Grow 40% by 2024, Predicts Report
- Ocado Team Shares Insights Into SecondHands Humanoid Cobot
- The Essential Interview: Humanoid Robot Researcher Dr. Jun Ho Oh