SANTA CLARA, Calif. — Once you’ve deployed robots in your operations, how do you make sure they’re doing what they’re supposed to do? If you’ve outsourced the management and monitoring of robots, how can you be sure performance levels are satisfactory? Tend.ai’s cloud monitoring software and service is an example of an emerging class of solutions.
“We’re a cloud robotics software company that allows you to monitor and analyze the performance of your robots from anywhere,” he says. “We’re able to collect all of the data that’s coming off of the robot.”
“Any type of alerts, events, digital I/O is all fed into our system, so that we can send you notifications if something goes wrong,” Gentes explains. “It allows you to see a video of what the robot was doing at the time when a problem occurred so you can diagnose and troubleshoot the situation.”
Cloud monitoring helps integrators
“Our product is popular with systems integrators because it allows them to create a service offering for monitoring their clients’ robots,” Gentes continues. “They’re notified immediately if ever there’s a problem with the robot. They can remotely view a video and the logs of the robot to be able to troubleshoot it, in real time, remotely.”
In addition, Tend’s software can be used to manage multiple robots, 3D printers, and CNC machines.
Also at RoboBusiness, Tend CEO Mark Silliman spoke in our “What Do Big Data, IoT, and the Cloud Mean for Robotics Use?” session in the conference’s “What Can AI and IoT Do for You?” track.
[note style=”success” show_icon=”true”]
More on Cloud Robotics:
- MIT Uses C2RO’s Cloud Platform to Process Smart City Sensor Data
- Designing for the Robots as a Service Model
- Servicing Robots as a Service a Market Disruptor, Says Ricoh RoboBusiness Panelist
- Robotics Integrators Ride Wave of Global Innovation, Automation
- Why Can’t Smart Manufacturing Be Simple?
- Cloud Robotics Promises to Simplify Machine Tending
- Robot Design Must Consider Automation Limits, Human Skills
- Why Will 5G Disrupt the Robotics and Manufacturing Industries?
- Home Hunting for Collaborative Bots: Farm, Cloud, or Back Office?
- When Will Robotics Cause a Business Disruption?
- Cloud Robotics Will Lead to General-Purpose Robots, Says Toyota’s Kuffner