Welcome to Episode 45 of The Robot Report Podcast, where each week Robot Report editor Steve Crowe and Mobile Robot Guide editor Mike Oitzman review the latest robotics, automation and intelligent systems news and announcements, and interview leading roboticists, leaders of innovative robotics companies, and other key members of the robotics community.
For The Robot Report Podcast sponsorship opportunities, please contact Courtney Nagle.
Episode 45 of The Robot Report Podcast recaps the RBR50 Robotics Innovation Awards, which were announced earlier by publication Robotics Business Review. The RBR50 awards honor technology, business, and market innovations, as well as the robotics and automation organizations worldwide that were responsible for them.
In this session, Steve Crowe and Mike Oitzman are joined by Dan Kara, VP of the Robotics Group at WTWH Media, to discuss how the RBR50 has evolved over the years, how the 50 winners were selected, and the many forms of innovation. They each also share three of our their favorite winners, breaking down the innovations and what they mean for each respective company and the market(s) they operate in. To view the complete list of RBR50 Robotics Innovation Award winners, click HERE. A digital edition of the RBR50 Robotics Innovation Awards Digital Edition can be found HERE.
Additional Robot Report Podcasts
- InOrbit’s Florian Pestoni & Brain Corps.’ Joe Wieciek Discusses the Robot Operations Group. Also, Vecnas’ Mike Bearman on the ANSI/RIA R15.08 Mobile Robot Standard.
- A3’s Jeff Burnstein on Q1 NA Robot Orders, NYPD Jettisons Spot Quad & Wireless AMR Charging
- Ambi Robotics’ Sorting / Kitting Systems Trained in Simulation
- OnRobot’s Enrico Krog Iversen on EOAT Innovation, Plus READY Robotics’ VP Juan Aparicio Ojea
- Calibrate Ventures’ Kevin Dunlap on Berkshire Grey’s SPAC Play and Locus Robotics’ $150M Round
- Locus Robotics CEO Rick Faulk on $150M Series E and Unicorn Status, Plus Wilder Systems’ Cobots and Waymo’s Robotaxi
- Tertill CEO Helen Greiner on Gardening Robots, Plus Aurora Partners With Toyota
- Motiv Develops Perseverance Rover’s Arm, Oxbotica’s AV Software, & Boston Dynamics, Waymo News
- A3’s President Jeff Burnstein on North American Robot Sales, Plus Canvas Robotic Drywall Solution, More
- American Robotics’ FAA Approval and BLOS Operations, Boston Dynamics Dancing Humanoids, and Cruise’s New $2B Round
- Teradyne’s Acquisition Strategy, Plus Mobile Manipulation and Bossa Nova Robotics Falters
- AMP Robotics & Recycling Automation; Festo & the MassRobotics-GM Gripper Challenge
- Boston Dynamics’s Future Following Hyundai’s Acquisition, DARPA’s SubT Challenge, More
- Pittsburgh Robotics Cluster, Aurora Acquires Uber ATG, AutoX’s Driverless Fleet, More