Welcome to Episode 53 of The Robot Report Podcast, where each week Robot Report editor Steve Crowe and Mobile Robot Guide editor Mike Oitzman review the latest robotics, automation and intelligent systems news and announcements, and interview leading roboticists, leaders of innovative robotics companies, and other key members of the robotics community.
For The Robot Report Podcast sponsorship opportunities, please contact Courtney Nagle.
In Episode 53 of The Robot Report Podcast, Steve Crowe and Mike Oitzman dive into Amazon Astro. Amazon recently unveiled its much-anticipated consumer robot earlier this week, and it’s underwhelmed the robotics community. We share our thoughts about Astro and hear from callers who share their opinions about Amazon’s first consumer robot.
Crowe and Oitzman also interview Adam Sachs, CEO and founder of Vicarious Surgical. The Massachusetts-based company is developing a next-generation surgical system that in 2019 won FDA breakthrough device designation for its virtual reality-based robot-assisted surgical device. He discussed the challenges and keys to developing the system, the opportunities ahead, and debuting last week on the NYSE via SPAC.
Recent Robot Report Podcasts
- Podcast 53 – RightHand Robotics’ Bin-Bicking Solution, Plus Waymo’s Taxies and Locus Robotics’ 500Mth Pick
- Podcast 51 – Intel Drops RealSense 3D Sensor, Plus the TeslaBot & Stratom’s Autonomous Robots
- Podcast 50 – John Deere’s Acquisition of Bear Flag Robotics, Robotics Investments, More
- Podcast 48 – ABB’s Acquisition of ASTI Mobile Robotics
- Podcast 47 – Blue Ocean Robotics’ CEO Claus Risager Discusses Robotic Disinfection Systems, Zebra Technologies Acquires Fetch Robotics, and More
- Podcast 46 – Softbank’s New Robotics Direction and Interact Analysis’ Jason dePreaux on RaaS models. Also, AutoStore’s Mike Demko on a Possible IPO.
- Podcast 45 – A Review of the 2021 RBR50 Robotics Innovation Awards
Additional Robot Report Podcasts
- InOrbit’s Florian Pestoni & Brain Corps.’ Joe Wieciek Discusses the Robot Operations Group. Also, Vecnas’ Mike Bearman on the ANSI/RIA R15.08 Mobile Robot Standard.
- A3’s Jeff Burnstein on Q1 NA Robot Orders, NYPD Jettisons Spot Quad & Wireless AMR Charging
- Ambi Robotics’ Sorting / Kitting Systems Trained in Simulation
- OnRobot’s Enrico Krog Iversen on EOAT Innovation, Plus READY Robotics’ VP Juan Aparicio Ojea
- Locus Robotics CEO Rick Faulk on $150M Series E and Unicorn Status, Plus Wilder Systems’ Cobots and Waymo’s Robotaxi
- Tertill CEO Helen Greiner on Gardening Robots, Plus Aurora Partners With Toyota
- Motiv Develops Perseverance Rover’s Arm, Oxbotica’s AV Software, & Boston Dynamics, Waymo News