Welcome to Episode 47 of The Robot Report Podcast, where each week Robot Report editor Steve Crowe and Mobile Robot Guide editor Mike Oitzman review the latest robotics, automation and intelligent systems news and announcements, and interview leading roboticists, leaders of innovative robotics companies, and other key members of the robotics community.
You can subscribe to The Robot Report Podcast on Amazon Music, Apple Podcasts, Google Play, SoundCloud, Spotify and more. Please subscribe to the podcast and leave us a review!
For The Robot Report Podcast sponsorship opportunities, please contact Courtney Nagle.
In Episode 47 of The Robot Report Podcast, Steve Crowe and Mike Oitzman share the microphone with Claus Risager, the CEO and Co-founder of Blue Ocean Robotics. They discussed the evolution of the Danish company, the strength of Denmark’s robotics cluster, and the company’s early entry into disinfection robots before the COVID-19 pandemic (Blue Ocean won a 2020 RBR50 Robotics Innovation Award for its disinfection solution). Risager also describes the benefits of telepresence robots.
Crowe and Oitzman also discuss a few of the bigger stories in the robotics industry of late, including the future of Fetch Robotics after the Zebra Technologies acquisition, Aurora taking its self-driving tech public via SPAC, the shutdown of Abundant Robotics and the Ingenuity Helicopter completing another historic flight on Mars.
Recent Robot Report Podcasts
- Podcast 46 – Softbank’s New Robotics Direction and Interact Analysis’ Jason dePreaux on RaaS models. Also, AutoStore’s Mike Demko on a Possible IPO.
- Podcast 45 – A Review of the 2021 RBR50 Robotics Innovation Awards
- Podcast 44 – InOrbit’s Florian Pestoni & Brain Corps.’ Joe Wieciek Discusses the Robot Operations Group. Also, Vecnas’ Mike Bearman on the ANSI/RIA R15.08 Mobile Robot Standard.
Additional Robot Report Podcasts
- A3’s Jeff Burnstein on Q1 NA Robot Orders, NYPD Jettisons Spot Quad & Wireless AMR Charging
- Ambi Robotics’ Sorting / Kitting Systems Trained in Simulation
- OnRobot’s Enrico Krog Iversen on EOAT Innovation, Plus READY Robotics’ VP Juan Aparicio Ojea
- Locus Robotics CEO Rick Faulk on $150M Series E and Unicorn Status, Plus Wilder Systems’ Cobots and Waymo’s Robotaxi
- Tertill CEO Helen Greiner on Gardening Robots, Plus Aurora Partners With Toyota
- Motiv Develops Perseverance Rover’s Arm, Oxbotica’s AV Software, & Boston Dynamics, Waymo News
- A3’s President Jeff Burnstein on North American Robot Sales, Plus Canvas Robotic Drywall Solution, More
- American Robotics’ FAA Approval and BLOS Operations, Boston Dynamics Dancing Humanoids, and Cruise’s New $2B Round
- Teradyne’s Acquisition Strategy, Plus Mobile Manipulation and Bossa Nova Robotics Falters
- Boston Dynamics’s Future Following Hyundai’s Acquisition, DARPA’s SubT Challenge, More
- Pittsburgh Robotics Cluster, Aurora Acquires Uber ATG, AutoX’s Driverless Fleet, More