Welcome to Episode 62 of The Robot Report Podcast, where each week Robot Report editor Steve Crowe and Mobile Robot Guide editor Mike Oitzman review the latest robotics, automation and intelligent systems news and announcements, and interview leading roboticists, leaders of innovative robotics companies, and other key members of the robotics community.
For The Robot Report Podcast sponsorship opportunities, please contact Courtney Nagle.
In Episode 62 of The Robot Report Podcast, Steve Crowe and Mike Oitzman speak with Samir Menon, founder and CEO of Dexterity Inc. Dexterity, which has already raised more than $200 million since it was founded in 2017, is valued at more than $1.4 billion. The company emerged from stealth mode in July 2020. The group discusses Dexterity’s rapid growth and its approach to developing full-stack robotic picking for logistics, supply chain, and warehousing applications. Menon also noted the challenges and opportunity for the systems and much more.
Steve Crowe and Oitzman also recap some major developments for autonomous trucks, including Plus and Hennessy Capital calling off their SPAC merger due to regulatory hurdles in China. They also discuss Gatik’s progress towards fully driverless middle-mile logistics for Walmart and more.
Recent Robot Report Podcasts
- Podcast 59 – Zebra Technologies’ Melonee Wise Discusses New Fetch AMRs, Plus Softbank Robotics Europe Sale & AutoStore IPO
- Podcast 58 – Pitney Bowes Deploys Ambi Robotics’ E-Commerce Solution, Plus Waymo’s Dead Ends & Armed Quadrupeds
- Podcast 54 – PTC’s Jon Hirschtick on Founding SolidWorks and Onshape, Plus 2021 Robotics Start-Up Favs
- Podcast 53 – RightHand Robotics’ Bin-Bicking Solution, Plus Waymo’s Taxies and Locus Robotics’ 500Mth Pick
- Podcast 51 – Intel Drops RealSense 3D Sensor, Plus the TeslaBot & Stratom’s Autonomous Robots
- Podcast 50 – John Deere’s Acquisition of Bear Flag Robotics, Robotics Investments, More