Welcome to Episode 67 of The Robot Report Podcast, where each week Robot Report editor Steve Crowe and Mobile Robot Guide editor Mike Oitzman review the latest robotics, automation and intelligent systems news and announcements, and interview leading roboticists, leaders of innovative robotics companies, and other key members of the robotics community.
In Episode 67 of The Robot Report Podcast, Steve Crowe and Mike Oitzman discuss the recent series large investments into robotics companies, totaling nearly US $1B. If this trend continues, 2022 may be a record year for investments into robotics-related organizations.
In the featured interview this week, Oitzman speaks with Apex.AI CEO Jan Becker and Joe Speed, the company’s VP of Product & Chief Evangelist for the company. They discuss the software and operating system requirements for autonomous vehicles, as well as how Apex.AI contributed to the success of the recent Autonomous Challenge @CES autonomous racing event.
Links from Episode 66 of the Robot Report Podcast:
- Nominations Open for the 2022 RBR50 Robotics Innovation Award s
- Greg Smith from Teredyne Interviewed on The Robot Report Podcast
- Interoperability Standards for Mobile Robots
- MyGoat Story on The Mobile Robot Guide – an Example of a Robotics Service Provider
- What is Robots as a Service?
- Autonomous Challenge at CES Full Broadcast Archive
For The Robot Report Podcast sponsorship opportunities, please contact Courtney Nagle.
Recent Robot Report Podcasts
- Podcast 63 – Reinvest Robotics’ Esben Østergaard on the EU’s New Rules for Artificial Intelligence
- Podcast 62 – Dexterity’s Samir Menon on Robotic Picking. Plus SPAC Problems and China’s Tech Crackdown
- Podcast 59 – Zebra Technologies’ Melonee Wise Discusses New Fetch AMRs, Plus Softbank Robotics Europe Sale & AutoStore IPO
- Podcast 58 – Pitney Bowes Deploys Ambi Robotics’ E-Commerce Solution, Plus Waymo’s Dead Ends & Armed Quadrupeds
- Podcast 54 – PTC’s Jon Hirschtick on Founding SolidWorks and Onshape, Plus 2021 Robotics Start-Up Favs
- Podcast 53 – RightHand Robotics’ Bin-Bicking Solution, Plus Waymo’s Taxies and Locus Robotics’ 500Mth Pick