Welcome to Episode 68 of The Robot Report Podcast, where each week Robot Report editor Steve Crowe and Mobile Robot Guide editor Mike Oitzman review the latest robotics, automation and intelligent systems news and announcements, and interview leading roboticists, leaders of innovative robotics companies, and other key members of the robotics community.
In Episode 68 of The Robot Report Podcast, Steve Crowe and Mike Oitzman interview Adrian Macneil, co-founder and CEO of Foxglove, a start-up offering open source visualization and debugging tool for robotics. He discusses the company’s spin-out from autonomous driving company Cruise, how its solutions differ from RViz, challenges of robotics development and the keys to running his startup. Foxglove recently raised $3.7 million in Seed funding.
Crowe and Oitzman also discuss some of the more interesting new stories that occured prior to recording the podcast. That includes how robots helped build the James Webb telescope, an improved Pepper humanoid that never came to light, and the potential fallout of the $40 billion deal between NVIDIA and Arm.
Links from Episode 66 of the Robot Report Podcast:
- Nominations Open for the 2022 RBR50 Robotics Innovation Award s
- Greg Smith from Teredyne Interviewed on The Robot Report Podcast
- Interoperability Standards for Mobile Robots
- MyGoat Story on The Mobile Robot Guide – an Example of a Robotics Service Provider
- What is Robots as a Service?
- Autonomous Challenge at CES Full Broadcast Archive
For The Robot Report Podcast sponsorship opportunities, please contact Courtney Nagle.
Recent Robot Report Podcasts
- Podcast 63 – Reinvest Robotics’ Esben Østergaard on the EU’s New Rules for Artificial Intelligence
- Podcast 62 – Dexterity’s Samir Menon on Robotic Picking. Plus SPAC Problems and China’s Tech Crackdown
- Podcast 59 – Zebra Technologies’ Melonee Wise Discusses New Fetch AMRs, Plus Softbank Robotics Europe Sale & AutoStore IPO
- Podcast 58 – Pitney Bowes Deploys Ambi Robotics’ E-Commerce Solution, Plus Waymo’s Dead Ends & Armed Quadrupeds
- Podcast 54 – PTC’s Jon Hirschtick on Founding SolidWorks and Onshape, Plus 2021 Robotics Start-Up Favs
- Podcast 53 – RightHand Robotics’ Bin-Bicking Solution, Plus Waymo’s Taxies and Locus Robotics’ 500Mth Pick