Welcome to Episode 51 of The Robot Report Podcast, where each week Robot Report editor Steve Crowe and Mobile Robot Guide editor Mike Oitzman review the latest robotics, automation and intelligent systems news and announcements, and interview leading roboticists, leaders of innovative robotics companies, and other key members of the robotics community.
For The Robot Report Podcast sponsorship opportunities, please contact Courtney Nagle.
In Episode 51 of The Robot Report Podcast, Steve Crowe and Mike Oitzman speak with review the news from the week, starting with the breaking story that Intel has decided to wind down its RealSense business – and what that apparently means. The RealSense camera has become a staple for 3D imaging for application like robot picking and AMR navigation. Steve continues to investigate what will become of the RealSense solutions. Tesla’s humanoid robot announcement is also discussed.
Finally, Crowe and Oitzman have a conversation with Mark Gordon, founder and CEO of Stratom. Stratom is a veteran owned company that designs and builds autonomous solutions for the US military, including kits for bomb-disposal robots, all-terrain logistics AMRs and robotic refueling stations.
Recent Robot Report Podcasts
- Podcast 50 – John Deere’s Acquisition of Bear Flag Robotics, Robotics Investments, More
- Podcast 48 – ABB’s Acquisition of ASTI Mobile Robotics
- Podcast 47 – Blue Ocean Robotics’ CEO Claus Risager Discusses Robotic Disinfection Systems, Zebra Technologies Acquires Fetch Robotics, and More
- Podcast 46 – Softbank’s New Robotics Direction and Interact Analysis’ Jason dePreaux on RaaS models. Also, AutoStore’s Mike Demko on a Possible IPO.
- Podcast 45 – A Review of the 2021 RBR50 Robotics Innovation Awards
- Podcast 44 – InOrbit’s Florian Pestoni & Brain Corps.’ Joe Wieciek Discusses the Robot Operations Group. Also, Vecnas’ Mike Bearman on the ANSI/RIA R15.08 Mobile Robot Standard.
Additional Robot Report Podcasts
- InOrbit’s Florian Pestoni & Brain Corps.’ Joe Wieciek Discusses the Robot Operations Group. Also, Vecnas’ Mike Bearman on the ANSI/RIA R15.08 Mobile Robot Standard.
- A3’s Jeff Burnstein on Q1 NA Robot Orders, NYPD Jettisons Spot Quad & Wireless AMR Charging
- Ambi Robotics’ Sorting / Kitting Systems Trained in Simulation
- OnRobot’s Enrico Krog Iversen on EOAT Innovation, Plus READY Robotics’ VP Juan Aparicio Ojea
- Locus Robotics CEO Rick Faulk on $150M Series E and Unicorn Status, Plus Wilder Systems’ Cobots and Waymo’s Robotaxi
- Tertill CEO Helen Greiner on Gardening Robots, Plus Aurora Partners With Toyota
- Motiv Develops Perseverance Rover’s Arm, Oxbotica’s AV Software, & Boston Dynamics, Waymo News
- A3’s President Jeff Burnstein on North American Robot Sales, Plus Canvas Robotic Drywall Solution, More
- American Robotics’ FAA Approval and BLOS Operations, Boston Dynamics Dancing Humanoids, and Cruise’s New $2B Round
- Teradyne’s Acquisition Strategy, Plus Mobile Manipulation and Bossa Nova Robotics Falters