Listen to this article
Welcome to Episode 37 of The Robot Report Podcast, where each week Robot Report editor Steve Crowe reviews the latest robotics, automation and intelligent systems news and announcements, and interview leading roboticists, leaders of innovative robotics companies, and other key members of the robotics community.
For The Robot Report Podcast sponsorship opportunities, please contact Courtney Nagle.
In this podcast, Robot Report editor Steve Crowe speaks with with Enrico Krog Iversen, the CEO of end-of-arm-tooling company OnRobot. Enrico also served as CEO and partner of Universal Robots (UR) from 2008-2016. We discuss his impact on the robotics industry and a pivotal decision he made while at the helm of UR. He also shares his thoughts about recent advances in end-of-arm tooling and OnRobot’s pending jump into software.
Crowe also chats with Juan Aparicio Ojea, who was recently named Vice President of product at READY Robotics. Juan spent a decade-plus at Siemens leading its industrial automation efforts. Juan and READY Robotics are passionate about democratizing robotics, so we dive into why ease of use has been overlooked, how easy programming robots will become and other innovations that can further robotics adoption. Juan also shares a great story about one of the most difficult times he’s had programming a robot.
Crowe also comments on the recent top robotics stories, including an important milestone for NASA’s Mars Perseverance Rover, a string of acquisitions and drones delivering COVID-19 vaccines in Ghana.
- 0-2:13 – Show Intro
- 2:14-32:16 – Conversation with Enrico Krog Iversen, CEO, OnRobot
- 32:17-38:15 – News Commentary: Mars Perseverance Rover update; transactions roundup; COVID-19 vaccine delivery drones
- 38:16-1:23:04 – Conversation with Juan Aparicio, vice president of product, READY Robotics
- 1:23:05-1:24:06 – Show Outro
Want to Be a Guest?
If you would like to be a guest on an upcoming episode of The Robot Report Podcast, or have recommendations for guests, please contact Steve Crowe. For sponsorship opportunities for The Robot Report Podcast, contact Courtney Nagle.
- Podcast – Calibrate Ventures’ Kevin Dunlap on Berkshire Grey’s SPAC Play and Locus Robotics’ $150M Round
- Podcast – Locus Robotics CEO Rick Faulk on $150M Series E and Unicorn Status, Plus Wilder Systems’ Cobots and Waymo’s Robotaxi
- Podcast – Tertill CEO Helen Greiner on Gardening Robots, Plus Aurora Partners With Toyota
- Podcast – Motiv Develops Perseverance Rover’s Arm, Oxbotica’s AV Software, & Boston Dynamics, Waymo News
- Podcast – A3’s President Jeff Burnstein on North American Robot Sales, Plus Canvas Robotic Drywall Solution, More
- Podcast – American Robotics’ FAA Approval and BLOS Operations, Boston Dynamics Dancing Humanoids, and Cruise’s New $2B Round
- Podcast – Teradyne’s Acquisition Strategy, Plus Mobile Manipulation and Bossa Nova Robotics Falters
- Podcast – AMP Robotics & Recycling Automation; Festo & the MassRobotics-GM Gripper Challenge
- Podcast – Boston Dynamics’s Future Following Hyundai’s Acquisition, DARPA’s SubT Challenge, More
- Podcast – Pittsburgh Robotics Cluster, Aurora Acquires Uber ATG, AutoX’s Driverless Fleet, More