Welcome to Episode 58 of The Robot Report Podcast, where each week Robot Report editor Steve Crowe and Mobile Robot Guide editor Mike Oitzman review the latest robotics, automation and intelligent systems news and announcements, and interview leading roboticists, leaders of innovative robotics companies, and other key members of the robotics community.
You can subscribe to The Robot Report Podcast on Amazon Music, Apple Podcasts, Google Play, SoundCloud, Spotify and more. Please subscribe to the podcast and leave us a review!
If you would like to be a guest on an upcoming episode of the podcast, or if you have recommendations for future guests or segment ideas, contact Steve Crowe or Mike Oitzman.
For The Robot Report Podcast sponsorship opportunities, please contact Courtney Nagle.
This episode of The Robot Report Podcast is sponsored by TE Connectivity. TE Connectivity designs and develops precise products and solutions that connect and protect the flow of power and data to overcome challenges in industrial robotics. TE connectors, sensors, EMI filters, passive components, and relays help ensure the enormous quantities of data points from the robots and their manufacturing environment are gathered and routed at the highest possible speed.
In Episode 58 of The Robot Report Podcast, Steve Crowe and Mike Oitzman recap the Autonomous Mobile Robots and Logistics Conference that recently took place in Memphis. They also speak with Stephanie Cannon of Pitney Bowes, which is deploying robotics systems from Ambi Robotics throughout the U.S to support its e-commerce network.
Crowe and Oitzman also discuss recent robotics news, including Waymo’s self-driving cars repeatedly hitting a dead-end in San Francisco, and the outrage sparked by Ghost Robotics’ Vision-60 quadruped that was fitted with a Special Purpose Unmanned Rifle (SPUR) from Sword Defense that features a 6.5mm sniper rifle with an effective range of 1,200 meters.
Recent Robot Report Podcasts
- Podcast 53 – RightHand Robotics’ Bin-Bicking Solution, Plus Waymo’s Taxies and Locus Robotics’ 500Mth Pick
- Podcast 51 – Intel Drops RealSense 3D Sensor, Plus the TeslaBot & Stratom’s Autonomous Robots
- Podcast 50 – John Deere’s Acquisition of Bear Flag Robotics, Robotics Investments, More
- Podcast 48 – ABB’s Acquisition of ASTI Mobile Robotics
- Podcast 47 – Blue Ocean Robotics’ CEO Claus Risager Discusses Robotic Disinfection Systems, Zebra Technologies Acquires Fetch Robotics, and More
- Podcast 46 – Softbank’s New Robotics Direction and Interact Analysis’ Jason dePreaux on RaaS models. Also, AutoStore’s Mike Demko on a Possible IPO.
- Podcast 45 – A Review of the 2021 RBR50 Robotics Innovation Awards
Additional Robot Report Podcasts
- InOrbit’s Florian Pestoni & Brain Corps.’ Joe Wieciek Discusses the Robot Operations Group. Also, Vecnas’ Mike Bearman on the ANSI/RIA R15.08 Mobile Robot Standard.
- A3’s Jeff Burnstein on Q1 NA Robot Orders, NYPD Jettisons Spot Quad & Wireless AMR Charging
- Ambi Robotics’ Sorting / Kitting Systems Trained in Simulation
- OnRobot’s Enrico Krog Iversen on EOAT Innovation, Plus READY Robotics’ VP Juan Aparicio Ojea
- Locus Robotics CEO Rick Faulk on $150M Series E and Unicorn Status, Plus Wilder Systems’ Cobots and Waymo’s Robotaxi
- Tertill CEO Helen Greiner on Gardening Robots, Plus Aurora Partners With Toyota
- Motiv Develops Perseverance Rover’s Arm, Oxbotica’s AV Software, & Boston Dynamics, Waymo News