Listen to this article
Welcome to Episode 40 of The Robot Report Podcast, where each week Robot Report editor Steve Crowe and Mobile Robot Guide editor Mike Oitzman review the latest robotics, automation and intelligent systems news and announcements, and interview leading roboticists, leaders of innovative robotics companies, and other key members of the robotics community.
For The Robot Report Podcast sponsorship opportunities, please contact Courtney Nagle.
In this podcast, Steve Crowe and Mike Oitzman speak with A3 President Jeff Burnstein, who joined us to break down Q1 2021 robot orders in North America. We discussed the impact COVID-19 had on the growth, the surge in non-automotive orders, and much more. We also touch on the NYPD ending its trial of Boston Dynamics‘ Spot quadruped and what can be done to improve the public’s perception of robots such as Spot.
Crowe and Mike Oitzman also catch up with WiBotic to discuss the benefits of wireless charging for autonomous mobile robots. The Seattle-based company recently completed all of the testing and secured CE Mark approval for two of its wireless charging solutions. CEO Ben Waters shared some startup advice and the future of wireless charging in outer space. WiBotic is part of a NASA initiative to overcome challenges of charging robots on the moon. WiBotic will be developing wireless charging systems and energy monitoring base stations for lunar robots, including the CubeRover.
- 0-1:09 – RE2 Robotics & Futek Advanced Sensor Technology Ad Reads
- 0-13:10 – Show Intro
- 13:14-32:44 – Conversation with A3 President Jeff Burnstein
- 32:45-1:16:16 – Conversation with WiBotic’s Ben Waters and Matt Carlson
- 1:16:17-1:17:34 – Show Outro
Want to Be a Guest?
If you would like to be a guest on an upcoming episode of The Robot Report Podcast, or have recommendations for guests, please contact Steve Crowe. For sponsorship opportunities for The Robot Report Podcast, contact Courtney Nagle.
- Ambi Robotics’ Sorting / Kitting Systems Trained in Simulation
- OnRobot’s Enrico Krog Iversen on EOAT Innovation, Plus READY Robotics’ VP Juan Aparicio Ojea
- Calibrate Ventures’ Kevin Dunlap on Berkshire Grey’s SPAC Play and Locus Robotics’ $150M Round
- Locus Robotics CEO Rick Faulk on $150M Series E and Unicorn Status, Plus Wilder Systems’ Cobots and Waymo’s Robotaxi
- Tertill CEO Helen Greiner on Gardening Robots, Plus Aurora Partners With Toyota
- Motiv Develops Perseverance Rover’s Arm, Oxbotica’s AV Software, & Boston Dynamics, Waymo News
- A3’s President Jeff Burnstein on North American Robot Sales, Plus Canvas Robotic Drywall Solution, More
- American Robotics’ FAA Approval and BLOS Operations, Boston Dynamics Dancing Humanoids, and Cruise’s New $2B Round
- Teradyne’s Acquisition Strategy, Plus Mobile Manipulation and Bossa Nova Robotics Falters
- AMP Robotics & Recycling Automation; Festo & the MassRobotics-GM Gripper Challenge
- Boston Dynamics’s Future Following Hyundai’s Acquisition, DARPA’s SubT Challenge, More
- Pittsburgh Robotics Cluster, Aurora Acquires Uber ATG, AutoX’s Driverless Fleet, More