Welcome to Episode 82 of The Robot Report Podcast, where each week Robot Report editor Steve Crowe and Mobile Robot Guide editor Mike Oitzman review the latest robotics, automation and intelligent systems news and announcements, and interview leading roboticists, leaders of innovative robotics companies, and other key members of the robotics community.
In Episode 82 of The Robot Report Podcast, Steve Crowe and Mike Oitzman are joined by Niels Jul Jacobsen, CEO of Danish startup Capra Robotics. Jul Jacobsen discusses the company’s innovative mobile robotics platform which uses a suspension system and unique wheel frame. He discusses why Capra utilizes ROS 2, the company’s work on developing indoor-outdoor applications and more.
Jul Jacobsen also shares the valuable lessons he learned founding, scaling and selling Mobile Industrial Robots (MiR), a developer of autonomous mobile robotics (AMRs). He relays a story about using his son’s Legos to build the first model of a MiR AMR and how RoboBusiness 2012 inspired him to launch the company.
For The Robot Report Podcast sponsorship opportunities, please contact Courtney Nagle.
Recent Robot Report Podcasts
- Podcast 78 – Robotics Summit & Expo 2022 Recap
- Podcast 77 – 2022 RBR50 Robotics Innovation Awards Reviewed
- Podcast 67 – Blue River Technology’s Willy Pell on John Deere & Autonomous Tractors
- Podcast 66 – What’s Next for Robotics & Automation – Portents & Predictions for 2022
- Podcast 64 – The Leading Robotics and Automation Stories, Trends and Milestones of 2021
- Podcast 63 – Reinvest Robotics’ Esben Østergaard on the EU’s New Rules for Artificial Intelligence
- Podcast 62 – Dexterity’s Samir Menon on Robotic Picking. Plus SPAC Problems and China’s Tech Crackdown