Listen to this article
Welcome to Episode 35 of The Robot Report Podcast, where each week Robot Report editor Steve Crowe reviews the latest robotics, automation and intelligent systems news and announcements, and interview leading roboticists, leaders of innovative robotics companies, and other key members of the robotics community.
For The Robot Report Podcast sponsorship opportunities, please contact Courtney Nagle.
In this podcast, Robot Report editor Steve Crowe chats with with Rick Faulk, CEO of Locus Robotics, an RBR50 company that just raised a $150 million Series E round of funding. Faulk discusses the company’s unicorn status, pending improvements to its autonomous mobile robots (AMRs), COVID-19’s impact on e-commerce, and why Locus Robotics should be a publicly-traded company.
Crowe also spoke with Will Wilder, CEO of Wilder Systems, about a cobot system his team built that automates rapid COVID-19 testing results. Wilder notes that the system is being adapted to help test for other viruses, such as Ebola and Zika.
Crowe also comments on the week’s top robotics stories, including Waymo expanding robotaxi tests to San Francisco, and Verizon acquiring incubed IT, a developer of navigation and fleet management software for AMRs.
- 0-3:48 – Show Intro; Robot on Mars
- 3:49-27:47 – Conversation with Rick Faulk, CEO, Locus Robotics
- 27:48-34:18 – News Commentary
- 34:19-53:57 – Conversation with Will Wilder, CEO, Wilder Systems
- 53:58-56:11 – Show Outro
- Locus Robotics Raises $150M Series E at $1B Valuation
- Waymo Begins Limited Robotaxi Tests in San Francisco
- Verizon Acquiring Mobile Robot Software Provider Incubed IT
- Special Coverage of Mars 2020
Want to Be a Guest?
If you would like to be a guest on an upcoming episode of The Robot Report Podcast, or have recommendations for guests, please contact Steve Crowe. For sponsorship opportunities for The Robot Report Podcast, contact Courtney Nagle.
- Tertill CEO Helen Greiner on Gardening Robots, Plus Aurora Partners With Toyota
- Motiv Develops Perseverance Rover’s Arm, Oxbotica’s AV Software, & Boston Dynamics, Waymo News
- A3’s President Jeff Burnstein on North American Robot Sales, Plus Canvas Robotic Drywall Solution, More
- American Robotics’ FAA Approval and BLOS Operations, Boston Dynamics Dancing Humanoids, and Cruise’s New $2B Round
- Teradyne’s Acquisition Strategy, Plus Mobile Manipulation and Bossa Nova Robotics Falters
- AMP Robotics & Recycling Automation; Festo & the MassRobotics-GM Gripper Challenge
- Boston Dynamics’s Future Following Hyundai’s Acquisition, DARPA’s SubT Challenge, More
- Pittsburgh Robotics Cluster, Aurora Acquires Uber ATG, AutoX’s Driverless Fleet, More