Warehouse management at distribution centers, manufacturing sites and fulfillment centers are chartered with increasing the efficiency of their operations while simultaneously reducing costs. To address these conflicting mandates, forward thinking companies have adopted autonomous mobile robots (AMRs) to automate the movement of materials and goods within warehouse environments. Example applications include goods-to-persons picking, robot-to-goods picking, follow me picking, material conveyance and more.
While there has been much discussion about autonomous mobile robots for warehouse work, the technology is still in the relatively early stages of adoption. The systems differ on their approaches for common applications, as well as the business and service models employed by the companies offering them. This makes evaluating mobile systems problematic, a situation that is exacerbated by rapid technological innovation.
For many companies considering AMRs, questions remain… are they productive as advertised, are they cost effective, can they be integrated with other automation technology, can they be scaled? In this RoboBusiness Direct round-table session, a series of case studies of AMR installations in warehouse environments will provide answers to these questions (and more).
Date / Time – Thursday, May 6, 2021 – 2 PM ET / 11 AM PT
- Chris Bernard, Product Manager, Intel RealSense
- Tony Villanova, Senior Solutions Executive, 6 River Systems
- Jeff Wuendry, Account Manager – Transport Logistics, SICK
There is no charge to attend this RoboBusiness Direct session.
- Autonomous Mobile Robots (AMRs) Deployments Up 2X YoY, With Much More to Come – Interact Analysis
- AMRs for Logistics Reaches $9B by 2024, a 10X Increase Over 2020 – Interact Analysis
- 5 Warehouse Automation Trends (That Industrial Automation Vendors Must Be Thinking About)
- Waypoint Robotics Releases MAV3K Omnidirectional, Heavy-Duty Mobile Robot
- Teradyne to Acquire AutoGuide Mobile Robots in $165M Deal
- Waypoint Robotics Expands to Larger Manufacturing Facility
- Nord Modules Enters U.S. Market to Support AMR Adoption
- Vector AMRs From Waypoint Robotics Bring Accuracy, Ease of Use to Factories
- Warehouse Automation Companies – The Top 50 for 2020 According to LogisticsIQ
- 8 Critical Steps for a Successful Autonomous Mobile Robotics Implementation
- Seegrid Surpasses 2M Miles Driven Safely for its Autonomous Vehicles