For over a decade, Robotics Business Review’s RBR50 Robotics Innovation Awards have highlighted the most creative and influential innovations from around the world that have advanced the state of robotics.
The Submission Deadline for the RBR50 Robotics
Innovation Awards Has Passed
Many Innovation Types
Robotics innovation can take many forms – technological, business, market, and investment – that act individually, or in confluence, to accelerate robotics sector growth. The sources for robotics innovation can be technology, product, and services providers, but also academics and researchers, governmental and private business development groups, and the investment community.
Business and Management Innovation
Entries should describe business and management initiatives or practices that enhance a company’s commercial standing, foster robotics sector growth, or improve society. Innovative business and management categories include:
- Leadership – Setting goals and taking action that results in improved business performance, outperforming the competition, inspiring others, or other positive conclusions
- Market engagement – Actions that increase the interaction between a company and its customers, partners, or the robotics sector
- Business models – Novel approaches for selling robotics products or services, including market expansion, new product introduction, acquisitions and investments, and more
- Social good – Initiatives that provide a positive social benefit such as improving sustainability, encouraging diversity, increasing workplace safety, and supporting underserved groups or communities
Research, Product Technology, and Services Innovation
Submissions should describe innovative technologies or services that entered the commercial market after January 2021.
- Primary or Applied Research – Research published between January 1, 2021 and February 1, 2022 focused on robotics, automation and supporting technologies and methods that are expected to advance the commercial robotics sector.
- Product Introduction – Innovative technologies and products that were released and made available for sale to individuals, companies and other groups in the industrial, commercial, public sector, and consumer markets.
- Services Introduction – Includes newly introduced business, engineering or technology services. Examples include design, development and manufacturing services, legal services, and Robotics-as-a-Service offerings.
Application and Market Innovation
These RBR50 entries should feature newly developed applications for specific sectors that deliver value, provide entry to new markets, or improve performance over existing approaches by improving productivity, increasing quality, reducing costs, etc. Markets include:
- Construction / demolition
- Defense / public safety / security
- Energy / utilities
- Healthcare / medical / rehabilitation
- Retail / wholesale
- Supply chain / logistics
Benefits for RBR50 Honorees
The RBR50 Robotics Innovation Awards presents technology, product, and services providers, along with researchers, business development organizations and investment groups, a unique branding, marketing and education opportunity. Benefits for RBR50 honorees include:
- A press release announcing the winners of the 2022 RBR50 Innovation Awards will be sent out over, as well as pushed through WTWH Media’s Robotics Group extensive technology and business social media channels.
- A searchable listing and profiles of the 2022 RBR50 Innovation Award winners will be hosted on Robotics Business Review. RBR50 winners will be cited as part of ongoing robotics coverage throughout the year.
- 2022 RBR50 Innovation Award winners will be included in a special RBR50 Innovation Award publication produced by The Robot Report to be inserted into Design World Magazine as print publication (40,000 circulation) and downloadable e-magazine.
- For a searchable listing of the 2021 RBR50 Robotics Innovation Awards winners click HERE.
- To download The Robot Report June 2021 Digital Edition featuring the RBR50 Robotics Innovation Awards click HERE.
About WTWH Media
WTWH Media LLC is an integrated media company serving engineering, business, and investment professionals through more than 50 Web sites, five print publications, and many other technical and business events. The “WTWH Network” includes The Robot Report, Collaborative Robotics Trends, and Robotics Business Review, online technical, business, and investment news and information portals focused on robotics and intelligent systems. WTWH Media also produces leading in-person robotics conferences, including the Robotics Summit & Expo, RoboBusiness, and the Healthcare Robotics Engineering Forum, as well as the RoboBusiness Direct online webinar program.