Editor’s Note: Robotics Business Review‘s coverage emphasizes innovation, including start-up companies (or ‘young’ companies). RBR “Start-Up Profiles” highlight individual start-up companies using a consistent, templated format that makes for quick, yet informed reading, that also simplifies comparative analysis.
If you are interested in having your start-up profiled in Robotics Business Review (RBR), please contact Dan Kara (dkara[AT]wtwhmedia.com). There is no charge for submitting and posting Start-Up Profiles on RBR.
Adapta Robotics – Company Profile
|Country:||Romania||# of Employees:
Management – Mihai Craciunescu (Co-founder, Technical Director), Cristian Dobre (Co-founder, Lead Software Engineer), Diana Baicu (Co-founder, Lead Robotics Engineer)
Funding Status – Adapta Robotics is currently seeking investment opportunities.
Adapta Robotics MATT provides a complete testing solution for devices that incorporate physical input (touchscreens or buttons) for operation.
Adapta Robotics – Offerings Profile
Technology / Product / Service(s) – Adapta Robotics offers two products at this time:
- MATT (Mobile Automated Testing Tool) – MATT is an automated testing system for smart phones, digital tablets, and other devices that utilize physical input such as touchscreens or buttons. Matt can replicate human interaction with physical devices with high precision and repeatability. Adapta Robotics offers three version of their MATT solutions: MATT Standard, MATT Extended (for larger devices) and MATT Adapt (MATT’s software suite integrated with a robotic arm to test devices of any shape, size, or orientation).
- ERIS (Effective Retail Intelligent Scanner) – ERIS is a manually driven, AI powered, scanning system for inventory management in retail environments. ERIS can identify products displayed on shelves and issue warnings to store operators if stocks are low, or if items are misplaced or incorrectly priced.
Primary Target Markets – Adapta Robotics two product lines each target different markets:
- Adapta Robotics’ MATT targets companies that require testing as part of their product development process (research to production). MATT is currently being used in multiple industries including automotive, medical, and manufacturing, as well as for device repairing & refurbishment, R&D.
- Adapta Robotics’ ERIS solution is targeted to the retail industry.
Value Proposition – MATT provides a complete testing solution for devices that incorporate physical input (touchscreens or buttons) for operation. MATT is suitable for multiple industries, and can be utilized in various stages of the product development lifecycle from research to production. Companies using MATT can accelerate product development , and improve product testing, with the end result of increasing user satisfaction.
ERIS offers on-the-spot solving of pricing inconsistencies and eliminates out of stock issues. The result is increased customer satisfaction and increased business profitability.
Demand Drivers – The primary demand drives for Adapta Robotics’ solutions include:
- MATT – Testing digital devices using manual methods is no longer sufficient given the complexity of the products and rapid, ongoing technological evolution. Manual performance testing is prone to human error (latency or high accuracy measurements), and there is a lack of accuracy during repeated tests. Adapta Robotics’ MATT product line addresses the need for continuous testing of devices. MATT automates repetitive, error prone testing tasks, freeing workers to focus on higher value endeavors.
- ERIS – Adaptive Robotics’ ERIS automates lengthy, repetitive, and error prone in-store inventory tasks. ERIS identifies pricing inconsistencies and out-of-stock situations which results in increased customer satisfaction and reduced business loss.
Companies that have acquired Adapta Robotics’ MATT device testing robot include DXOMARK, CujoAi, Visteon, Zebra Technologies, and Semsotec Group.
Adapta Robotics – Business Model(s) and Competition
Business Model – Adapta has a diversified revenue model with multiple revenue streams:
- Adapta sells its robots directly to its customers. Included with the acquisition of the robot is set-up work, training, 1-year warranty, and 15 hours of remote support. With the future expansion of the business, Adapta plans to sell through distributors.
- Recurring Revenue, which consists of extended maintenance and support, on top of the 1-year warranty,
- Non-recurring revenue, includes customizations and custom development (HW/SW)
Partners – Adapta is a spin-off from RINF TECH, a Romanian-based software company.
Customers – Companies that have acquired Adapta Robotics’ MATT device testing robot include DXOMARK, CujoAi, Visteon, Zebra Technologies, and Semsotec Group. The remaining Adapta Robotics customers are operting under an NDA.
Competitors – Adapta Robotics’ competitors vary according to their product line:
- MATT competitors – Optofidelity, Tapster, Sastra Robotics, Tactile Automation
- ERIS Competitors – Simbe Robotics, Zebra Technologies, Badger Technologies, Bossanova, Trax, Seegrid
Adapta Robotics – Recent News
- Navigating Uncharted Waters: A Robotic Startup Journey
- How AI Robots Disrupt Retail
- Eliminating Automotive Infotainment System Testing Challenges
- Start-Up Profile – Wheelstair – Start-Up Profile – Wheelchair Add-On Overcomes Operational Barriers
- Start-Up Profile – RGo Robotics – Start-Up Profile – Vision Based Perception Solution for Mobile Robots and More
- ROEQ – Start-Up Profile – Critical Enabling Technologies for Autonomous Mobile Robots
- MAB Robotics – Start-Up Profile – Value Drivers Strong for Tunnel Inspection Using Quadrupeds
- GUSS Automation – Start-Up Profile – Autonomous, Precision Orchard Spraying Delivers Business and Social Benefits
- InOrbit – Start-Up Profile – Cloud-Based Management Software for Robot Fleets
- ModalAI – Start-Up Profile – Perception & Communications Solutions Enable Autonomy in Drones and Robots
- Ottonomy – Start-Up Profile – Autonomous Mobile Robots Provide for Outdoor and Indoor, Contactless Deliveries
- Accerion – Start-Up Profile – Triton System Delivers Millimeter Level Localization Accuracy for Mobile Robots
- Start-Up Profile – Ava Robotics – Autonomous Mobile Robots Power Telepresence and Disinfection Solutions