Editor’s Note: Robotics Business Review‘s coverage emphasizes innovation, including start-up companies (or ‘young’ companies). RBR “Start-Up Profiles” highlight individual start-up companies using a consistent, templated format that makes for quick, yet informed reading, that also simplifies comparative analysis.
Ava Robotics – Company Profile
|Country:||USA||# of Employees:
Management – Youssef Saleh (CEO), Marcio Macedo (VP Products)
Funding Status – Ava Robotics has raised $2.9m in seed funding backed by Innospark Ventures and is currently seeking further funding.
A key component of Ava Robotics’ value proposition is the Cisco Webex integration and enterprise compatible video.
Ava Robotics – Offerings Profile
Primary Target Markets – Healthcare, Retail, Hospitality
Technology / Product / Service(s) – Ava Robotics designs and builds mobile, trobots for the workplace. Unlike “iPad-on-a-stick” telepresence products, Ava’s systems are fully autonomous, providing a much more immersive robot experience. The company offers two robotics systems that can work safely with humans:
- Cisco Webex-integrated Ava Telepresence Robots for remote/hybrid collaboration and operations
- Ava UVC Disinfection Robots for workplace health and safety best practices
Ava also provides related robot software and services.
Value Proposition – A key component of Ava Robotics’ value proposition is the Cisco Webex integration and enterprise compatible video. With Cisco Webex technology already built in, there is no need to integrate or source video conferencing capabilities. Webex offers enterprise-level video conferencing, while the Ava platform provides the mobility, customization, and a great user experience.
Ava’s robots also have the ability to be fully autonomous, which provides a more user-friendly mobility experience for the operator. Ava can travel autonomously from place to place while continually learning to navigate the workplace.
Demand Drivers – Telepresence robots are among the technologies that support a full continuum of workplace collaboration. Both new and existing employees are demanding greater collaboration flexibility and remote work capability. The same holds customers, prospects, consultants and others. Telepresence robots can provide that.
The immediate health and safety benefit of UVC disinfection robots is the elimination of harmful organisms in the air and on surfaces to mitigate spread of disease and contamination. Less obvious are the intangible, long-term benefits UVC robots provide businesses by increasing trust and confidence.
UV disinfection works where HVAC do not circulate air, and automated treatments are able to reach contaminated areas that human hands cannot. Anyone entering a disinfected space feel greater peace-of-mind and understand that the business is putting people first.
Ava Robotics is a Cisco SolutionsPlus Partner, and their systems are available on Cisco’s Global Price List.
Ava Robotics – Business Model(s) and Competition
Business Model – In addition to working in direct sales, Ava Robotics is a Cisco SolutionsPlus partner.
Partners – Ava Robotics is a Cisco SolutionsPlus Partner, and their systems are available on Cisco’s Global Price List. As a SolutionsPlus Partner, Ava’s telepresence robot is central to Cisco Webex’s mission to create virtual meeting experiences that are 10x better than in-person meetings.
Customers – Ava Robotics’ customers are enterprise, commercial and government organizations worldwide including HP, Steelcase, SIGNA, and Verizon among others.
Competitive Landscape – Ava Robotics compete with providers of mobile telepresence systems and suppliers of UV disinfection robots:
- Mobile Teleprocessing Systems – Includes Double Robotics, GoBe, Kubi, Ohmni Labs, and VGo
- UV Disinfection Robots – Xenex and UVD Robots (Blue Ocean)
Ava Robotics – Recent News
- Webex and Walk: Mobile, Intelligent Collaboration for Hybrid Work
- Ava Telepresence Robot Revolutionizes Real Estate Industry’s Digital Capabilities
- Ava Robotics Launches UV Disinfection Robot for the Workplace
- Intelligent Robots in the Workplace – Present and Future Outlook
- Ava Robotics is now a Cisco SolutionsPlus Partner, Available on GPL
- Start-Up Profile – Sevensense Robotics – Autonomous Localization and Navigation Solution for Mobile Robotics OEMs, Integrators and Others
- Start-up Profile – DreamVu – Novel 360° 3D Vision System Enables VR, Localization, Mapping, Object Tracking, More
- Start-Up Profile – Target Arm – A Novel Solution for Drone Launch and Recovery
- Start-Up Profile – Alias Robotics – Deep Expertise Informs Robotics Cybersecurity SW, HW and Consulting Solutions
- Start-up Profile – Robot Nordic – Technological Flexibility and Agile Methods Deliver Custom Robotics and Automation Solutions
- Start-up Profile – Autonodyne – Reducing the Cost & Complexity of Commercial, Civil & Defense UAS Ops
- Start-up Profile – Omnirobotic – Reducing the Cost of Robot Programming for ‘High Mix’ Manufacturers
- Start-up Profile – FLX Solutions – A Cost Effective Tool for Inspecting and Repairing Industrial Piping in Unreachable Locations
- Start-up Profile – Veo RoboticsStart-up Profile – Flexiv – ‘Adaptive’ Robotics Solutions Empowered by Advanced Force Control