Editor’s Note: Robotics Business Review‘s coverage emphasizes innovation, including start-up companies (or ‘young’ companies). RBR “Start-Up Profiles” highlight individual start-up companies using a consistent, templated format that makes for quick, yet informed reading, that also simplifies comparative analysis.
If you are interested in having your start-up profiled in Robotics Business Review (RBR), please contact Dan Kara (dkara[AT]wtwhmedia.com). There is no charge for submitting and posting Start-Up Profiles on RBR.
Gecko Robotics – Company Profile
|Country:||USA||# of Employees:
Funding Status – Gecko Robotics has raised a total of $122.3M in funding over 4 rounds. Their latest funding was a Series C round in March 2022.
Compared to traditional – often manual – methods, industrial inspections using Geko Robotics’ solution are more effective and efficient, as well as safer.
Gecko Robotics – Offerings Profile
Primary Target Markets – 1) Manufacturing, 2) Oil / Gas / Energy, and 3) Utilities.
Technology / Product / Service(s) – Gecko Robotics offers the TOKA family of wall scaling, mobile robots and predictive maintenance software as a service for the non-destructive inspection of pipelines, boilers, ships and other industrial structures in the power generation, heavy manufacturing, and oil and gas industries.
Value Proposition – Through the use of skilled NDT inspectors, utilizing advanced robotics systems and supported by cloud-based software, Gecko Robotics offers a comprehensive inspection solution that provides for deep understanding of industrial asset health so that their performance and safety can be optimized.
Demand Drivers – Inspection and maintenance of industrial structures, critical work and undertaken to meet safety, quality control, regulatory requirements, is time-consuming, and typically very difficult and demanding. Gecko’s robotics and software solution automates inspection tasks. Compared to traditional – often manual – methods, industrial inspections using Geko Robotics’ solution are more effective and efficient, as well as safer.
Compared to traditional – often manual – methods, industrial inspections using Geko’s solution are more effective and efficient, as well as safer.
Gecko Robotics – Business Model(s) and Competition
Business Model – Gecko Robotics makes its robots and software platform for industrial inspection available to its customers via a Robots-as-a-Service (RaaS) business model.
Customers – Gecko Robotics customers includes BP, Dow, Marathon, Duke Energy, and International Paper.
Gecko Robotics – Recent News
- $73M Series C Funding Will Bring3 Infrastructure into the 21st Century
- Sumitomo SHI FW Partners With Gecko Robotics to Provide Improved Asset Health for CFB/BFB Boilers Owners and Operators Globally
- Gecko Robotics Unveils Tri-Lateral Phased Array: New Tool for Wet H2S Damage
- How Robotic Navigation Can Assist Inspection in GPS Denied Environments
- ROEQ – Start-Up Profile – Critical Enabling Technologies for Autonomous Mobile Robots
- MAB Robotics – Start-Up Profile – Value Drivers Strong for Tunnel Inspection Using Quadrupeds
- GUSS Automation – Start-Up Profile – Autonomous, Precision Orchard Spraying Delivers Business and Social Benefits
- InOrbit – Start-Up Profile – Cloud-Based Management Software for Robot Fleets
- ModalAI – Start-Up Profile – Perception & Communications Solutions Enable Autonomy in Drones and Robots
- Ottonomy – Start-Up Profile – Autonomous Mobile Robots Provide for Outdoor and Indoor, Contactless Deliveries
- Accerion – Start-Up Profile – Triton System Delivers Millimeter Level Localization Accuracy for Mobile Robots
- Start-Up Profile – Ava Robotics – Autonomous Mobile Robots Power Telepresence and Disinfection Solutions
- Start-Up Profile – Oculii – Intelligent Software Increases Resolution, Sensitivity and Range of Radar