Editor’s Note: Robotics Business Review‘s coverage emphasizes innovation, including start-up companies (or ‘young’ companies). RBR “Start-Up Profiles” highlight individual start-up companies using a consistent, templated format that makes for quick, yet informed reading, that also simplifies comparative analysis.
If you are interested in having your start-up profiled in Robotics Business Review (RBR), please contact Dan Kara (dkara[AT]wtwhmedia.com. There is no charge for submitting and posting Start-Up Profiles on RBR.
GUSS Automation – Company Profile
|Country:||USA||# of Employees:
Funding Status – Privately funded.
Most GUSS owners see a ROI in one to three years.
GUSS Automation – Offerings Profile
Primary Target Markets – 1) Agriculture, 2) Other
Technology / Product / Service(s) – GUSS Automation offers an autonomous orchard sprayer – the GUSS – that employs a combination of GPS, LiDAR, sensors and proprietary software to guide their system safely and efficiently through orchards with precise spraying capabilities. GUSS Automation recently announced a smaller autonomous machine – the Mini GUSS – for vineyards and high-density apple orchards.
Value Proposition – With GUSS Automation’s autonomous orchard sprayer, orchards can be sprayed with fewer pieces of equipment compared to traditional orchard spraying. Their orchard sprayer also reduces labor expenses, material use, refilling downtime, and more. The GUSS increases efficiency, precision and safety. Most GUSS owners see a ROI in one to three years. With GUSS driving itself, growers can simplify operations, increase efficiency, enhance safety and reduce labor costs.
Demand Drivers – With growers and business owners looking to improve productivity, increase precision and efficiency, reduce operational and overhead costs, enhance worker safety, GUSS is the solution to meet and even exceed these needs.
GUSS Automation’s customer base mainly consists of orchard farmers who grow almonds, pistachios, walnuts, pecans, citrus, and tree fruit.
GUSS Automation – Business Model(s) and Competition
Business Model – GUSS Automation works closely with authorized GUSS dealers for distribution
Partners – N/A
Customers – Our customer base mainly consists of orchard farmers who grow almonds, pistachios, walnuts, pecans, citrus, and tree fruit. Some of our larger customers are Olam, Wonderful, King Ranch, and Trinitas Farming.
Competitive Landscape – GUSS Automation offers the industry’s only autonomous orchard sprayer. Our competition is conventional spray equipment that is pulled by a tractor and driven by a human. Some of these conventional sprayer companies are Air-O-Fan, Rears Manufacturing, D&M Manufacturing, and Nelson Hardie.
GUSS Automation – Recent News
- USS Automation Reveals Mini GUSS Autonomous Vineyard, High-Density Orchard Sprayer
- GUSS Automation Marks Sale of 100th Autonomous Orchard Sprayer
- New Autonomous Orchard Sprayer Borne of Necessity
- GUSS Automation Presents New Autonomous Orchard Sprayer
- Robot Spraying Machines Could Transform the Almond Industry
- ModalAI – Start-Up Profile – Perception & Communications Solutions Enable Autonomy in Drones and Robots
- Ottonomy – Start-Up Profile – Autonomous Mobile Robots Provide for Outdoor and Indoor, Contactless Deliveries
- Accerion – Start-Up Profile – Triton System Delivers Millimeter Level Localization Accuracy for Mobile Robots
- Start-Up Profile – Ava Robotics – Autonomous Mobile Robots Power Telepresence and Disinfection Solutions
- Start-Up Profile – Oculii – Intelligent Software Increases Resolution, Sensitivity and Range of Radar
- Start-Up Profile – Sevensense Robotics – Autonomous Localization and Navigation Solution for Mobile Robotics OEMs, Integrators and Others
- Start-up Profile – DreamVu – Novel 360° 3D Vision System Enables