Editor’s Note: Robotics Business Review‘s coverage emphasizes innovation, including start-up companies (or ‘young’ companies). RBR “Start-Up Profiles” highlight individual start-up companies using a consistent, templated format that makes for quick, yet informed reading, that also simplifies comparative analysis.
If you are interested in having your start-up profiled in Robotics Business Review (RBR), please contact Dan Kara (dkara[AT]wtwhmedia.com. There is no charge for submitting and posting Start-Up Profiles on RBR.
InOrbit – Company Profile
|Country:||USA||# of Employees:
Funding Status – InOrbit is venture backed with a Seed round.
The InOrbit platform provides secure robot connectivity, data observability, low latency messaging to trigger actions, and data analytics for continuous robotics improvement.
InOrbit – Offerings Profile
Primary Target Markets – 1) Logistics / Supply Chain, 2) Retail, and 3) Other (Cleaning)
Technology / Product / Service(s) – InOrbit provides a platform for robot operations (RobOps), allowing companies to improve the efficiency of their fleet while focusing on their unique differentiators (Figure 1). The InOrbit platform provides secure robot connectivity, data observability, low latency messaging to trigger actions, and data analytics for continuous robotics improvement. The key advantages of the InOrbit RobOps solutions includes:
- Simple to Get Started – Robotics stack-agnostic agent for observability can be generated in under one minute with one line of code.
- Ease of Integration / Use – APIs and dashboards are made available to track incidents, recieve real-time analytics and trigger actions.
- Scales With the Business – RobOp provides high availability deployment, monitoring, management and optimization infrastructure that supports robot fleets ranging from from a handful of robots to thousands of systems.
Value Proposition – InOrbit’s RobOps solution increases the efficiency of robot operations at scale, and maximizes the potential of every robot.
Demand Drivers – Companies are increasingly turning to automation, including robotic automation, to improve their productivity, increase the resiliency of their operations, and address labor challenges. To maximize the effectiveness of their automation initiatives, these companies must effectiveness and effectively orchestrate people, processes and robots, a process that becomes increasingly difficult as the complexity and number of their automation deployments increase. InOrbit’s RobOps solution help companies manage and optimize their robot fleet, whether it is a handful of robots at a single site, or thousands of robots from various vendors across multiple locations.
InOrbit employes a Software-as-a-Service business model where pricing is based on the number of robots under management.
InOrbit – Business Model(s) and Competition
Business Model – InOrbit employes a Software-as-a-Service business model where pricing is based on the number of robots under management.
Partners – InOrbit works with hardware suppliers like Qualcomm, cloud-based incident management and productivity software providers such as Atlassian and infrastructure partners like Microsoft and Google.
Customers – InOrbit customers include Savioke, the makers of the Relay mobile service robots for delivery and transportation applications in the healthcare, hospitality and other sectors, and Iron Ox, an robotics farming start-up. Bossa Nova Robotics, a provider of inventory control robots for use in retail stores.
Competitive Landscape – InOrbit’s competitors include those companies developing IoT platforms such as PTC (Thingworx) and Kaa, as well as firms offering cloud observability / performance monitoring solutions such as Datadog and Splunk (SignalFX). InOrbit also competes with vertical fleet management solutions from companies such as Meili Robots and incubedIT (Verizon).
InOrbit – Recent News
- InOrbit’s Time Capsule Gives Operators Insights Into Robot Fleets
- Like 3D Chess These Hospital Robots Ride the Elevators Floor to Floor
- InOrbit Launches Time Capsule to Give Better Insights into Robot Incidents
- New Software Aims to Reduce Robotic Failures
- InOrbit Raises $2.6 Million to Lead RobOps Movement
- ModalAI – Start-Up Profile – Perception & Communications Solutions Enable Autonomy in Drones and Robots
- Ottonomy – Start-Up Profile – Autonomous Mobile Robots Provide for Outdoor and Indoor, Contactless Deliveries
- Accerion – Start-Up Profile – Triton System Delivers Millimeter Level Localization Accuracy for Mobile Robots
- Start-Up Profile – Ava Robotics – Autonomous Mobile Robots Power Telepresence and Disinfection Solutions
- Start-Up Profile – Oculii – Intelligent Software Increases Resolution, Sensitivity and Range of Radar
- Start-Up Profile – Sevensense Robotics – Autonomous Localization and Navigation Solution for Mobile Robotics OEMs, Integrators and Others
- Start-up Profile – DreamVu – Novel 360° 3D Vision System Enables