Editor’s Note: Robotics Business Review‘s coverage emphasizes innovation, including start-up companies (or ‘young’ companies). RBR “Start-Up Profiles” highlight individual start-up companies using a consistent, templated format that makes for quick, yet informed reading, that also simplifies comparative analysis.
Ottonomy – Company Profile
|Country:||USA||# of Employees:
Funding Status – Ottonomy has raised pre-seed funding of approximately US $500,000 from Connetic Ventures, Inventus Law and angel investors across the US, Netherlands, Singapore, and the Middle East.
Ottonomy is committed to automate deliveries for their customers with zero carbon emissions per delivery.
Ottonomy – Offerings Profile
Primary Target Markets – Logistics / Supply Chain, Retail, Restaurants, Hospitality, Travel (Airports)
Technology / Product / Service(s) – Ottonomy provides contactless deliveries with their fleet of autonomous robots using proprietary contextual navigation tech stack which works for both indoor and outdoor environments. The company’s technology enables Ottonomy to provide curbside / local deliveries in outdoor (parking lots and sidewalks) and indoor (like airports, stadiums, shopping complexes and commercial centers) environments. Key tech features include:
- Seamless indoor and outdoor autonomous navigation and mapping
- Proprietary contextual mobility to navigate in crowded environments
- Cloud based Network Operation Console (CNOC) for managing robot fleets and data analytics
- Automated multiple cabins for contactless experience
- Tiered safety level using multi sensor fusion
Value Proposition – The leading value drivers for Ottonomy’s solution include:
- Fully autonomous robots requiring zero human intervention
- Contactless & secure deliveries, only customers can retrieve the package
- Multiple cabins, enabling multiple deliveries in a single trip
- Seamless transition from inside store to outside parking lot/curb-side
- Analytics & live monitoring on real time basis
Demand Drivers – The critical demand drivers for Ottonomy’s solution include:
- Customer expectation of same hour deliveries compared to same day / next day deliveries
- Tremendous increase in digital orders for retail and F&B products
- Rising preference of new delivery options like curbside
- Contactless delivery experience required by the customers
- Existing third party delivery channels putting strain on margins for retailers, quick service restaurants and other concessionaires
- Reducing emissions per delivery
Customers can acquire Ottonomy systems directly from the company or through it partners. The company’s mobile robots are also made available using a Robots-as-a-Service business model.
Ottonomy – Business Model(s) and Competition
Business Model – Ottonomy has a direct sales channel and also sells through its Integrated Partner ecosystem. The company also makes its autonomous mobile robots available using a Robots-as-a-Service business model.
Partners – An announcement regarding Ottonomy will be made soon.
Customers – Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG) and Proctor & Gamble.
Ottonomy – Recent News
- Ottonomy’s Delivery Robot Drops Food at Your Door and Indoors
- Ottonomy recognized as One of the Top 50 Robotic Innovations by Robotics Business Review
- Ottonomy Delivers to Passengers Waiting at Airport Gates
- Snapdeal Tests Last Mile Delivery Using Ottonomy IO’s Robots
- Ottonomy’s Robot Delivers
- Start-Up Profile – Ava Robotics – Autonomous Mobile Robots Power Telepresence and Disinfection Solutions
- Start-Up Profile – Oculii – Intelligent Software Increases Resolution, Sensitivity and Range of Radar
- Start-Up Profile – Sevensense Robotics – Autonomous Localization and Navigation Solution for Mobile Robotics OEMs, Integrators and Others
- Start-up Profile – DreamVu – Novel 360° 3D Vision System Enables VR, Localization, Mapping, Object Tracking, More
- Start-Up Profile – Target Arm – A Novel Solution for Drone Launch and Recovery
- Start-Up Profile – Alias Robotics – Deep Expertise Informs Robotics Cybersecurity SW, HW and Consulting Solutions
- Start-up Profile – Robot Nordic – Technological Flexibility and Agile Methods Deliver Custom Robotics and Automation Solutions
- Start-up Profile – Autonodyne – Reducing the Cost & Complexity of Commercial, Civil & Defense UAS Ops
- Start-up Profile – Omnirobotic – Reducing the Cost of Robot Programming for ‘High Mix’ Manufacturers
- Start-up Profile – FLX Solutions – A Cost Effective Tool for Inspecting and Repairing Industrial Piping in Unreachable Locations
- Start-up Profile – Veo Robotics
- Start-up Profile – Flexiv – ‘Adaptive’ Robotics Solutions Empowered by Advanced Force Control