Editor’s Note: Robotics Business Review‘s coverage emphasizes innovation, including start-up companies (or ‘young’ companies). RBR “Start-Up Profiles” highlight individual start-up companies using a consistent, templated format that makes for quick, yet informed reading, that also simplifies comparative analysis.
If you are interested in having your start-up profiled in Robotics Business Review (RBR), please contact Dan Kara (dkara[AT]wtwhmedia.com). There is no charge for submitting and posting Start-Up Profiles on RBR.
RGo Robotics – Company Profile
|City:||Caesarea & Cambridge||State:
||Israel & Massachusetts|
|Country:||Israel & USA||# of Employees:
Funding Status – RGo Robotics has raised over $20M in funding, including a Series A round in February 2022. RGo’s investors and strategic partners including Converge, Stage One, MoreTech Ventures, and a global (undisclosed) robotics leader.
The RGo Robotics Perception Engine provides mobile robots with the intelligence to see the world like humans and operate autonomously.
RGo Robotics – Offerings Profile
Primary Target Markets – 1) Logistics / Supply Chain, 2) Manufacturing, and 3) Others
Technology / Product / Service(s) – RGo Robotics offers the Perception Engine, a full stack software and hardware solution capable of running on multiple hardware reference designs that provides for advanced, vision-based perception in autonomous mobile robots so that they can operate efficiently and safely in unstructured environments. The Perception Engine software is provided as an SDK, and the software is designed to run low-cost, low-power commodity hardware.
Value Proposition – RGo Robotics’ solutions leverages patent-pending computer vision and machine learning technology to provide mobile robots and other systems with advanced perception capabilities such as object detection and recognition, and scene understanding, as well as mapping and localization. This allows systems employing RGo Perception Engine technologies to operate autonomously.
Demand Drivers – While the pace of robotic innovation is amazing, the vast majority of the robots today are still not autonomous and are not capable of moving around freely in complex real-life environments. Mobile robots in warehouses are becoming more common, but are still too complex, too expensive, and too limited to very controlled environments to tap into the broader market opportunity.
RGo believes only vision-based perception can really achieve human level understanding. Just like humans, combining vision with additional sensors makes the perception robust, accurate and immune to temporal failures. Its vision is to democratize mobile robots and enable any machine to move autonomously, and intelligently, in any environment.
The RGo solution uses vision-based perception, but combines the visual information with other sensor data to build a robust understanding of the world around it.
RGo Robotics – Business Model(s) and Competition
Business Model – RGo’s business model is to partner with robotics manufacturers who share its vision of a future where automation is unfettered but focused on real-world solutions.
Partners – RGo has strategic partnerships with several partners including Qualcomm, NVIDIA, and ARM.
Customers – RGo has secured several global customers and has closed over $10M in customer deals.
Competitors – RGo’s competitors include visual-SLAM (vSLAM) and autonomy solution providers.
RGo Robotics – Recent News
- ROEQ – Start-Up Profile – Critical Enabling Technologies for Autonomous Mobile Robots
- MAB Robotics – Start-Up Profile – Value Drivers Strong for Tunnel Inspection Using Quadrupeds
- GUSS Automation – Start-Up Profile – Autonomous, Precision Orchard Spraying Delivers Business and Social Benefits
- InOrbit – Start-Up Profile – Cloud-Based Management Software for Robot Fleets
- ModalAI – Start-Up Profile – Perception & Communications Solutions Enable Autonomy in Drones and Robots
- Ottonomy – Start-Up Profile – Autonomous Mobile Robots Provide for Outdoor and Indoor, Contactless Deliveries
- Accerion – Start-Up Profile – Triton System Delivers Millimeter Level Localization Accuracy for Mobile Robots
- Start-Up Profile – Ava Robotics – Autonomous Mobile Robots Power Telepresence and Disinfection Solutions
- Start-Up Profile – Oculii – Intelligent Software Increases Resolution, Sensitivity and Range of Radar