Editor’s Note: Robotics Business Review‘s coverage emphasizes innovation, including start-up companies (or ‘young’ companies). RBR “Start-Up Profiles” highlight individual start-up companies using a consistent, templated format that makes for quick, yet informed reading, that also simplifies comparative analysis.
If you are interested in having your start-up profiled in Robotics Business Review (RBR), please contact Dan Kara (dkara[AT]wtwhmedia.com). There is no charge for submitting and posting Start-Up Profiles on RBR.
ROEQ A/S – Company Profile
|Country:||Denmark||# of Employees:
Funding Status – Undisclosed
The company’s solutions, well-engineered and tested, have proven to produce a quick ROI, with increased AMR productivity and efficiency, along with improved AMR utilization.
ROEQ A/S – Offerings Profile
Primary Target Markets – 1) Healthcare / Medical, 2) Logistics / Supply Chain, and 3) Manufacturing
Technology / Product / Service(s) – ROEQ produces software and a wide range of hardware, including top modules, carts, racks, rollers and lifters for Autonomous Mobile Robots (AMRs), collectively known as Mobile Robotic Equipment (MRE). ROEQ is a pioneer in the development of standardized MRE, and the company’s products come in a variety of sizes to fit all models from robot maker Mobile Industrial Robots A/S (MiR), enabling MiR AMRs to perform multiple tasks and workflows.
Value Proposition – ROEQ’s hardware and software product portfolio covers a wide range of production/warehouse needs. The company’s solutions, well-engineered and tested, have proven to produce a quick ROI, with increased AMR productivity and efficiency, along with improved AMR utilization.
Demand Drivers – Demand for ROEQ MRE solutions is driven by several factors, some of which overlap with the increased general demand for autonomous mobile robots in warehouse and logistics operations, and others which are unique to standardized MRE. The long term labor challenges facing the warehouse and manufacturing sectors, exacerbated by the Covid-19 pandemic, has driven increased demand for AMRs and MRE. At the same time, online retail has exploded, further driving adoption of autonomous mobile robots and MRE solutions.
When it comes to standardized MRE, the drivers for adoption of ROEQ products include the guarantee of full compatibility with AMRs (including on the software side), ease of deployment, compliance with applicable safety standards and, most of all, the cost savings compared to customized/DIY MRE approaches.
The ROEQ Global Partner Network, which includes more than 100 member companies across 40 countries, provides sales and support to ROEQ customers worldwide ranging from integration to application consulting
ROEQ A/S – Business Model(s) and Competition
Business Model – ROEQ goes to market via more than 100 channel partners, across more than 40 countries. These partners are equipped with AMR solution and integration knowledge to advise, consult, and provide start to end services to customers. They are also equipped with good understanding of the local business culture and language.
The ROEQ business model is to provide standardized, well-engineered, tested and proven solutions to the global market with special focus on safety, ease of use and reliability in the design and technologies of their product/ solutions. ROEQ places much emphasis on developing solutions that are cost effective and enable quick integration turnaround, so that SMEs, and not just large businesses, can adopt AMR solutions.
Partners – The ROEQ Global Partner Network, which includes more than 100 member companies across 40 countries, provides sales and support to ROEQ customers worldwide ranging from integration to application consulting. ROEQ partners are equipped with AMR solution and integration knowledge to advise, consult, and provide start to end services to their customers. They are also equipped with good understanding of the local business culture and language. And with a presence in more than 40 countries, the ROEQ Global Partner Network ensures quick response to end-user service, consulting, and support requirements.
Customers – TE Connectivity, a USD14 billion sensor and connectivity product manufacturer. The company deployed 3 ROEQ TMC300 top modules, 15 ROEQ 300E Easy-Pull-Out carts and 10 easy locking docking stations in its Hungarian plant, resulting in improved productivity and throughput.
Competitive Landscape – ROEQ is a pioneer in the development of standardized mobile robotic equipment that is designed to work seamlessly with AMRs out-of-the-box. The alternative to ROEQ’s systems is an ad hoc collection of customized or DIY MRE, which is more expensive and time-consuming, less safe, and does not provide software integration with the AMR system.
ROEQ A/S – Recent News
- Closing the Knowledge Gap in Automomous Mobile Robot Deployments with Mobile Robotic Equipment
- ROEQ Enables Instant Communication Between Devices with GuardCom
- ROEQ’s New GuardCom System Delivers faster Transfer of Goods Between Mobile Robots and Stationary Conveyors
- ROEQ Launches TR500 Top Roller, the Largest Conveyor for MiR Mobile Robots
- ROEQ TML200 and Equipment – A Complete Solution for the MiR250
- MAB Robotics – Start-Up Profile – Value Drivers Strong for Tunnel Inspection Using Quadrupeds
- GUSS Automation – Start-Up Profile – Autonomous, Precision Orchard Spraying Delivers Business and Social Benefits
- InOrbit – Start-Up Profile – Cloud-Based Management Software for Robot Fleets
- ModalAI – Start-Up Profile – Perception & Communications Solutions Enable Autonomy in Drones and Robots
- Ottonomy – Start-Up Profile – Autonomous Mobile Robots Provide for Outdoor and Indoor, Contactless Deliveries
- Accerion – Start-Up Profile – Triton System Delivers Millimeter Level Localization Accuracy for Mobile Robots
- Start-Up Profile – Ava Robotics – Autonomous Mobile Robots Power Telepresence and Disinfection Solutions
- Start-Up Profile – Oculii – Intelligent Software Increases Resolution, Sensitivity and Range of Radar
- Start-Up Profile – Sevensense Robotics – Autonomous Localization and Navigation Solution for Mobile Robotics OEMs, Integrators and Others
- Start-up Profile – DreamVu – Novel 360° 3D Vision System Enables