Editor’s Note: Robotics Business Review‘s coverage emphasizes innovation, including start-up companies (or ‘young’ companies). RBR “Start-Up Profiles” highlight individual start-up companies using a consistent, templated format that makes for quick, yet informed reading, that also simplifies comparative analysis.
If you are interested in having your start-up profiled in Robotics Business Review (RBR), please contact Dan Kara (dkara[AT]wtwhmedia.com). There is no charge for submitting and posting Start-Up Profiles on RBR.
SISU Cinema Robotics – Company Profile
|Country:||USA||# of Employees:
Management – Russell Aldridge (CEO / Co-Founder), Marc Christenson (CTO / Co-Founder)
Funding Status – SISU Cinema Robotics has received a privately funded Seed round. The amount of the investment was undisclosed.
SISU’s cinema robots boost production value and offer expanded filming capabilities compared to traditional methods.
SISU Cinema Robotics – Offerings Profile
Primary Target Markets – 1) Consumer, 2) Manufacturing, and 3) Retail
Technology / Product / Service(s) – SISU Cinema Robotics offers four models of turn-key, easy-to-use “cinema robots”, robotic systems designed for producing videos and photos that require precision motion control. The systems, which make use of industrial robotic arms, feature hand-guided motion programming and are controlled by a tablet and joystick. The robots can be easily programmed by filmmakers, videographers, photographers and others to travel along an exact set path, capturing smooth and steady shots while moving.
Value Proposition – SISU’s cinema robots boost production value and offer expanded filming capabilities compared to traditional methods. While many robots are intimidating and complicated to use, SISU Cinema Robots are designed for creators and are easy to program and control. This provides for greater flexibility and experimentation, as well as increasing productivity.
Demand Drivers – Demand drivers for SISU Cinema Robotics’ solution stem from the overwhelming rise in the use of video over the past several years and a need from production professionals to have tools that are high quality, yet easy to learn.
SISU is a KUKA Diamond Partner, Fanuc Authorized Integrator, and NI Alliance Partner.
SISU Cinema Robotics – Business Model(s) and Competition
Business Model – SISU Cinema Robotics sells directly to their customers.
Partners – SISU is a KUKA Diamond Partner, Fanuc Authorized Integrator, and NI Alliance Partner.
Customers – Representative SISU Cinema Robotics customers include OMS Photo, 8183 Studio, 4th Dimension, Bubba’s LA, Dark Brothers Creative, Ember Films, and True Motion.
Competitors – SISU Cinema Robotics competes with companies such as Cinerobotics and EMotimo.
SISU Cinema Robotics – Recent News
- Central Texas Robotics Company Makes Splash in Hollywood With Cutting-edge Cinema Robots
- Into the Future: Robots Become Part of Everyday Austin Life
- How SISU Developed a Robotic Camera Arm Being Used on HBO Film Sets
- Are You Ready for ‘Micro’ Filmmaking?
- Camera Robots Help Artists Capture Action-Filled Photos and Videos
- ROEQ – Start-Up Profile – Critical Enabling Technologies for Autonomous Mobile Robots
- MAB Robotics – Start-Up Profile – Value Drivers Strong for Tunnel Inspection Using Quadrupeds
- GUSS Automation – Start-Up Profile – Autonomous, Precision Orchard Spraying Delivers Business and Social Benefits
- InOrbit – Start-Up Profile – Cloud-Based Management Software for Robot Fleets
- ModalAI – Start-Up Profile – Perception & Communications Solutions Enable Autonomy in Drones and Robots
- Ottonomy – Start-Up Profile – Autonomous Mobile Robots Provide for Outdoor and Indoor, Contactless Deliveries
- Accerion – Start-Up Profile – Triton System Delivers Millimeter Level Localization Accuracy for Mobile Robots
- Start-Up Profile – Ava Robotics – Autonomous Mobile Robots Power Telepresence and Disinfection Solutions
- Start-Up Profile – Oculii – Intelligent Software Increases Resolution, Sensitivity and Range of Radar