Editor’s Note: Robotics Business Review’s coverage emphasizes innovation, including start-up companies (or ‘young’ companies). RBR “Start-Up Profiles” highlight individual start-up companies using a consistent, templated format that makes for quick, yet informed reading, that also simplifies comparative analysis.
DreamVu – Company Profile
|Country:||USA||# of Employees:||20|
Founders – Rajat Aggarwal (CEO), Anoop Namboodiri (Chief Science Officer), Rohan Bhatial (VP Sales)
Funding Status – DreamVu is privately funded and is currently raising pre Series A funding.
Currently, the sensor stack in robots (especially mobile robots) is too expensive and too complex.
DreamVu – Offerings Profile
Primary Target Markets – Defense / Security, Logistics / Supply Chain, Manufacturing
Technology / Product / Service(s) – Complete omnidirectional 3D vision systems – the hardware (camera) and the software required to run the camera and to perform tasks such as obstacle detection & obstacle avoidance; localization and mapping; people detection.
Value Proposition – DreamVu is a provider of omnidirectional 3D vision systems. They offer camera-based systems that leverage patented optics and imaging software for an unparalleled field of view, DreamVu is enabling the next generation of visual intelligence. By empowering customers to innovate with low power, low latency and low-cost single stream video, DreamVu is transforming the way robots see the world.
Demand Drivers – Currently, the sensor stack in robots (especially mobile robots) is too expensive and too complex. This negatively affects the ROI of robotics – capital expenses are too high and imited mobility reduces robot efficiency. DreamVu solves these challenges.
By empowering customers to innovate with low power, low latency and low-cost single stream video, DreamVu is transforming the way robots see the world.
DreamVu – Business Model(s) and Competition
Business Model – DreamVu currently sells directly to customers (hardware and software sales). In 2021, DreamVu will be expanding our sales footprint with additional direct sales people and a global channel.
Partners – N/A
Customers – The only customer we can publicize is RAAD Systems. In the future, we will be issuing additional press releases with additional customers.
DreamVu – Recent News
- RAAD Systems Selects DreamVu Omnidirectional 3D vision System for Next-Generation AMP Mobile Robot Platform Targeting Warehouse Logistics
- Start-Up Profile – Target Arm – A Novel Solution for Drone Launch and Recovery
- Start-Up Profile – Alias Robotics – Deep Expertise Informs Robotics Cybersecurity SW, HW and Consulting Solutions
- Start-up Profile – Robot Nordic – Technological Flexibility and Agile Methods Deliver Custom Robotics and Automation Solutions
- Start-up Profile – Autonodyne – Reducing the Cost & Complexity of Commercial, Civil & Defense UAS Ops
- Start-up Profile – Omnirobotic – Reducing the Cost of Robot Programming for ‘High Mix’ Manufacturers
- Start-up Profile – FLX Solutions – A Cost Effective Tool for Inspecting and Repairing Industrial Piping in Unreachable Locations
- Start-up Profile – Veo Robotics