NASHVILLE, Tenn. — Universal Logic Inc. today announced a large customer order of 60 Neocortex® robot cells for automated order fulfillment of consumer goods.
The undisclosed customer procured complete Neocortex Goods-to-Robot (G2R) cells because they uniquely met its requirements for reliably handling tens of thousands of different products faster than semi-skilled labor. Each cell has a 12-month payback, according to Universal Logic.
Robot cells offer Flexibility @ Speed®
Essential to the G2R cell’s unprecedented speed and flexibility is Universal’s Neocortex artificial intelligence software. The robot cells are compact and pre-engineered to replace supply chain labor in a one-for-one swap and install in one day. They pick items from bins, totes, conveyors, or pallets and place them into shipping boxes, bags, or machine fixtures.
The G2R cells can read bar codes, identify labels, or take measurements. It is used in both finished goods and manufacturing supply chains. Its effective cost is $7 an hour for a two-shift operation, Universal Logic said.
The robot cells include the Spatial Vision® software platform with Neocortex AI, a Yaskawa Motoman six-axis robot with controller, pendant, a multi-function gripper, sensors, PLC, HMI, forklift-ready frame, panel, installation, and training.
The software as a service (SaaS) offering includes a five-year remote diagnostic service and software upgrades. Hardware is warrantied for one year. Optional equipment and custom integration are available. See Universal Logic’s product page for more information.
More on AI, Order Fulfillment, and Robot Cells:
- RoboBusiness 2017 to Shape the Future of Industry, Robotics, and AI
- Making Industrial Systems Smarter, More Connected, and More Capable
- AI, Algorithms Changing Business Practices; Europe Focuses on Drones
- Top 6 Automation Trends Discussed at LiveWorx 2017
- Global AI, Robotics Race Stretches From Norway to Thailand
- 5 Autonomous Systems Takeaways From Xponential Day 1
- Food Industry Use of Robotics to Grow Sharply
- Mobile Robots, Cobots Steal the Show at Automate, ProMat 2017
- Home Hunting for Collaborative Bots: Farm, Cloud, or Back Office?
- Warehouse Robotics Grows With E-Commerce, Say Automate Panelists
- Universal Robotics Expands AI-Enabled Neocortex Cells and Unveils Universal Logic
About Universal Logic Inc.
Universal provides supply chains with complete automated material handling systems for high-mix/high-volume applications. Systems integrate artificial intelligence with vision, grasping, and motion control, giving machines human-like flexibility at high speed.
The Neocortex AI technology was invented for NASA 12 years ago and developed for industrial use by Universal starting in 2008. For more information, contact Universal Logic at 615-366-7281.Read More